Subscribe Faith-filled Family Links for Learners Ask a Franciscan Editorial Entertainment Watch The Bible: Light to My Path Contents
Conversation Corner
John Vianney: The Saint Who Read Souls at a Glance--March 2003

Share a positive experience you have had with a priest, or how a priest has helped you.

Date: 4/14/2003 3:48:56 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Maria
Subject: remembrance

When I was a very little girl I remember a cold night when my parents and little brother went visiting. It was late and we were waiting for a bus. A car pulls up and offers to give us a ride back to our home (it was safer in those days). When we got in we realized it was a priest who picked us up on that cold night and we were so tired. To this day, after all these many years I still remember him and his kindness. I also remember what a chatterbox I was and kept talking to him about my school (Catholic). I am sure that priest is long gone from God’s good earth but in my mind and heart I still remember him and every so often he comes to mind. I suppose the lesson to be learned also from his good example is that we never know how we affect people when we do good or bad and how long that memory lasts.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND