Subscribe Faith-filled Family Links for Learners Ask a Franciscan Editorial Entertainment Watch The Bible: Light to My Path Contents
Conversation Corner
John Vianney: The Saint Who Read Souls at a Glance--March 2003

Share a positive experience you have had with a priest, or how a priest has helped you.

Date: 3/21/2003 1:48:44 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Dgallway
Subject: Share a Positive story about a Parish Priest

My story is quite long.... In June of 2000, my third child, a boy we called Angel was bornstill at 20wks gestation and the parish to which we belonged was not very supportive. Each time I would call to speak to a priest, there was none available. Fast forward to 2001. We joined a different parish, a very vibrant, living parish. I discovered in June of 2001 that I was pregnant for the fourth time. When I told our pastor, he was as happy as me. My son Timothy was stillborn on February 21, 2002 with the cord wrapped tightly around his neck. My pastor and associate pastor have been wonderful through this ordeal. My Pastor phoned my hospital room at midnight when I was in labor with Timothy and said "What happened? I don’t understand." Our associate pastor arrived at the hospital within the hour of Timothy’s birth and blessed him and prayed with us. He held Timothy and cried as he did so. I was truly touched by this mans sensitivity. I was also very pleased that they didn’t give me the "God has a plan" speech. I do believe that God has a plan but taking my babies is not part of it.... God doesn’t kill our babies or smite us. They will rearrange their schedules to see me when I am having a "bad day." Our associate pastor presided over Timothy’s funeral and warmed my heart when he said, "Timothy is in heaven with his big brother Angel." To hear my sons names together, linked forever, their lives validated, meant the world to me. I cannot do enough for my parish. I love these people... they are the most compassionate and caring individuals I’ve ever met or ever will meet in my life. These men truly are filled with the Holy Spirit and I thank God each night that He brought us together.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND