Subscribe Faith-filled Family Links for Learners Ask a Franciscan Editorial Entertainment Watch The Bible: Light to My Path Contents
Conversation Corner
John Vianney: The Saint Who Read Souls at a Glance--March 2003

Share a positive experience you have had with a priest, or how a priest has helped you.

Date: 3/17/2003 3:31:00 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Mary
Subject: Our Father Bloom of Holy Family in Seattle, Wa.

Mom lived with me for a year and I took her to my Parish. She loved the old Romanesque architecture right away. It reminded her of the churches she grew up with as a child. But as she got to know Father Bloom and see how Christlike he is, she became fixed on relocating to this parish. Her Mass attendances increased and for the first time in many years, she attended functions and began donations to help this poor parish that runs a school. I have watched her demeanor change as a result of her contact with this little priest who wears tattered jackets and talks about his dog during the homily. He goes to Peru once a year to see how the Mary Bloom Center is faring. When there was a terrible earthquake, we donated money for blankets and other things to these people. Father brought back photoes and it was enriching to see his work there. They love him as much as we do here. I always see him hug folks after Mass and pat the heads of children and babies. He has so much responsibilities too. There are 7 Masses on Sunday alone. We serve Hispanics, Philappinos, Vietnamese, as well as Seniors and others. Father is there for all of us. He asks for nothing except a few extra pennies to help others or the church and has even taken wage cuts from his own pocket. Father is my hero and I want everyone to know if an award could be given, it should go to this loving Christlike little priest.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND