Subscribe Faith-filled Family Links for Learners Ask a Franciscan Editorial Entertainment Watch The Bible: Light to My Path Contents
Conversation Corner
John Vianney: The Saint Who Read Souls at a Glance--March 2003

Share a positive experience you have had with a priest, or how a priest has helped you.

Date: 3/10/2003 8:52:02 PM
Name or Pseudonym: klm
Subject: great priest

Priests are fantastic! One such "fantastic priest" has been such a blessing in my life. I had dominated for about a year with some very troubling health concerns which affected every aspect of my life. I spent this time praying constantly to God, but still felt this need to discuss the issues with a priest. I did not feel comfortable talking to my parish priest or the catholic chaplain at college. It was then that I participated in a pilgrimage that included World Youth Day in Rome with the Holy Father. On this fantastic pilgrimage I met Fr. Dave Pivonka, TOR. I decided on that trip that I needed to talk to someone and I instinctively picked him. His wisdom, support, and prayers helped me reach the final state of healing and really begin to cope more effectively with my situation. He has touched so many people’s lives and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful priest that I can call my friend. Thanks Fr. Dave....you have no idea how much you’ve helped me. God bless the priests of our fantastic Roman Catholic faith!

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND