Subscribe Faith-filled Family Links for Learners Ask a Franciscan Editorial Entertainment Watch The Bible: Light to My Path Contents
Conversation Corner
John Vianney: The Saint Who Read Souls at a Glance--March 2003

Share a positive experience you have had with a priest, or how a priest has helped you.

Date: 3/7/2003 11:01:38 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Mom of First Communion Girl
Subject: Priest made the difference

When my daughter was about to recieve her first communion, she was a nervous wreck.
She was very worried about doing something wrong. Nothing I could say would reassure her that she was receiving Jesus and Jesus would understand if she made a mistake.

On the afternoon prior to her first communion, the Catholic School was sponsoring a car wash. I was able to find our parish priest amongst the suds. He took my daughter aside and had a sincere, reassuring conversation with her about how he made mistakes when he said Mass and how he sometimes forgot what he was supposed to do. This contact with the priest is what made the difference for my daughter. In five minutes, at a car wash, the parish priest was able to help a little girl feel truly ready to receive Jesus.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND