Subscribe Faith-filled Family Links for Learners Ask a Franciscan Editorial Entertainment Watch The Bible: Light to My Path Contents
Conversation Corner
John Vianney: The Saint Who Read Souls at a Glance--March 2003

Share a positive experience you have had with a priest, or how a priest has helped you.

Date: 3/6/2003 10:45:13 PM
Name or Pseudonym: The Heberts
Subject: Father Stan Fortuna

We happened to have Fr. Stan Fortuna who is a Franciscan priest in the New York area passing through our small town in Louisiana. He was making an appearance at our Catholic High School, then celebrating mass at our parish church at noon, then was on to do a retreat called VERITAS at a nearby town. My 12 year old son, who aspires to be a Franciscan priest when he grows up attended the mass with me and asked Fr. Stan if he would come to our home to bless his altar and see his room. As busy as he was, Fr. Stan took the time to come by and visit with my son and bless his room, our home, and his altar. Little did he know what an impact he made on my son. This visit was in February of 2002 and just this past week - February of 2003, my son was blessed to have received a relic of St. Francis of Assisi from the Vatican. Please pray for him and his future vocation - His name is Colby.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND