Subscribe Faith-filled Family Links for Learners Ask a Franciscan Editorial Entertainment Watch The Bible: Light to My Path Contents
Conversation Corner
John Vianney: The Saint Who Read Souls at a Glance--March 2003

Share a positive experience you have had with a priest, or how a priest has helped you.

Date: 3/2/2003 12:11:50 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Nora
Subject: Priest in my life

In my life of 58 years, I have had wonderful and positive experiences with the priest who have walked in my path of life, and also I have encounter negative experiences among the priest that I have known. Even though directly for me, these priest did not do anything wrong, I do know that they hurt sons of friends of mine and it was very difficult for me to forgive them and I am still going through the process for anger does not do me good, and is only a tool for the devil to get a hold of my soul, but forgiving is a tool to get closer to my God.

Priest in my life have been gifts of love and healing, of courage and faith, of guidance and self assurance, of friendships and joy. I have looked at them as my leaders and my teachers and these are the gifts I need to see not the negative ones. Specially in times of today when our church is being bombarded by so much anger because of wrong doings of men who claimed to be God’s servants and were only using the oportunity to find an easy way of finding self fullfillment, there will always be people in our life who claim to be the servants of God, but are only there to do the devils’ work and we need to see that and recognise it in order to continue being strong in our faith and in our personal relationship with God.
Thank you to all the men and women who have chosen the road of priesthood or sisterhood to serve others in a unselfish way.
Thank you God for putting these people in our life.
Nora

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND