Subscribe Faith-filled Family Links for Learners Ask a Franciscan Editorial Entertainment Watch The Bible: Light to My Path Contents
Conversation Corner
John Vianney: The Saint Who Read Souls at a Glance--March 2003

Share a positive experience you have had with a priest, or how a priest has helped you.

Date: 2/26/2003 2:27:28 PM
Name or Pseudonym: elena
Subject: How a priest has helped me

I have had two major issues in my life where I turned to a priest for assistance and no matter how hard the decisions I needed to make they were very supportive and compasionate in guiding me thru what I needed to do and the decisions I needed to make.

We also have a Franciscan Priest that has been a friend, mentor, etc, etc, for our family for years. He was our son, brother, nephews and nieces teacher then became their mentor, their priest and we still do not make decisions that are very important without consulting him. He has been there for our family when we have needed him the most - when my father passed away, when my mother in-law was so ill and decision needed to be made about resucitation, when we baptised our youngest, when our children and our nieces and nephews got married, confirmation ,etc., etc.

Father Francisco is our hero in all the sense of the word. He has kept Christ alive in our lives and has guided our family, our children and friends, when home, church, or just plain life have thrown a wrench in their path.

We thank the Lord for the blessings that we have received in Father Francisco and his devotion to his calling not only to this family but to all family that he is called to serve.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND