Conversation Corner
Family Corner (Praying the Rosary--October 2003)

How does praying the rosary draw you closer to God and others?

Date: 11/20/2003 12:54:40 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Oscar
Subject: Define meaningless

Meaningless repitition is different than worthy repitition. The Bible does not contradict my "opnion." As I ponted out, the Bible clearly illustrates the worthy use of meaningfull repetitive prayer and rubrics. And my "opinion" is actually the teaching of the Church, which existed prior to the Bible. The Church and the Bible do not contradict each other - they can’t. The books of the Bible came together based upon the due diligence of the Church. That’s why the Church is called "The Mother of the Bible." As such, She is the sole interpreter; the only institution or entity free from error in such matters.
Protestants obviously do not like this notion because it lays bare their cause for what it is; to deny the authenticity of the Church. Anyone can take a single biblical passage to use for whatever purpose he desires. How many "experts" are suggesting, based on what they interpret from the Bible, that Jesus and His Apostles were gay? Ridiculous, huh? But true Biblical scholarship ses the Bible in its entirety.
St. Mathew wrote his Gospel originally in Aramaic, before it was translated to Greek. If we study the passage in its original language we can see how easily your understanding of the quote is proven incorrect. The problem with the heathens is not necessarily how they prayed, but what they were praying for and who they prayed to... Praying to idols reduces language, however flowery, to gibberish.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND