Conversation Corner
Family Corner (Praying the Rosary--October 2003)

How does praying the rosary draw you closer to God and others?

Date: 11/5/2003 10:53:15 AM
Name or Pseudonym: curious
Subject: what the bible says

Oscar,
thanks for your reply....I appreciate your assistance. Can you tell me where in the Bible it says that the repetitive prayer is ok? And that when it says to not pray as the heathens do that it is only meaning material things? Obviously, I wasnt raised Catholic, and have many questions. I have heard preachers say that since pagans/heathens say the same chants to their gods, that if we do the same all the time then we arent any better than them. Chanting the same prayer, from what I understand, can put a person in a trance, or even a state of meditaiton. This, I have been told, is evil because it makes us more open to Satan. That we might mistaken evil for light since we being human we can be easily decieved. I really don’t know, personally, I cant see how saying a prayer with the Rosary could be anything but good. But, different christian beliefs have their own views. I guess I am just looking for something meaningful.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND