Conversation Corner
Family Corner (Teaching Forgiveness--July 2003)

In what area(s) do you need to be forgiven by someone?

Date: 7/25/2003 12:57:31 PM
Name or Pseudonym: mag
Subject: Unfaithful

I read the word "rekindled" and that you hung out together after being divorced, but I never read or even sensed the word "love". Do you honestly love him? Rekindling an old romance is very far from loving him. Any two people can have sex but only the two right people can be in love. Also, does he love you? It sounds as if maybe you were more serious about getting back with him than he was about you if you cut all of your ties with male friends and he kept talking to three others. You also did not mention if their relationship was platonic or not. I suspect not but it is a legitimate question. I would say regardless of his past if you truly love him and he you than you owe it to yourselves to work things out and not just for the sake of your daughter. A lot of times people want to be a family so bad just because it’s the "right" thing to do but they overlook very essential parts of a marriage or relationship, like love, trust and exclusiveness.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND