Conversation Corner
Family Corner (Teaching Forgiveness--July 2003)

In what area(s) do you need to be forgiven by someone?

Date: 7/22/2003 11:40:47 AM
Name or Pseudonym: cue
Subject: unfaithful

Recently, I have rekindled with my Ex-husband after 3 years. Who is also the father to my only daughter. We’ve always stayed in contact and often hung out with each other. Well we moved back in together going on 3 months now. However, I’ve recently encountered that he has been speaking to other women by phone. I personally have cut ties with all my male friends before entering this relationship again. I found out by accident. He denied the whole thing. I called each one and found out that neither of the 3 knew I nor my little daughter existed. I ask GOD to please forgive me for being unkind to him at finding this out. I was hurt and my trust has been tampered with. I of course left everything up to God; but with that I’ve asked my ex to leave. He now resides with his family. I need to be forgiven for not letting it rest. Getting over it. Like my ex always told me to do. I know I can go on. Cause I was a single mother for 3 years. But this in the past wasnt the reason for divorce with him. I have forgiven him, but cant seem to forget. In the process other issues from his past have risen. I cant seem to filter everything that he finally told me after I confronted him. In other words he confessed many things to me. I can no longer see him the same. Does this make me unGodly? Dont know what to do? Please help.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND