Conversation Corner
Family Corner (Teaching Forgiveness--July 2003)

In what area(s) do you need to be forgiven by someone?

Date: 7/20/2003 5:54:14 PM
Name or Pseudonym: sqwid
Subject: Francis

The single state is not always an easy one. Our culture tells us that the only way to happiness is to be in an intimate relationship with a member of the opposite sex. I was married for 18 years but I’ve been single for 11 years. I prefer the single state. It frees you up to be friends with everyone. You will have more free time than most people to help others out. You can volunteer for church and community events and meet lots of people. One important thing you must do: Slap a smile on your face every day. Especially when you make contact with others. People will wonder why you are so pleasant to be around. The secret is that you will have more time to think about how much God loves you. And then you will be smiling all the time and people will want to be with you! Being married is not always all it is cracked up to be.....so find the blessings in your single state. And don’t forget to slap on that smile! Don’t leave home without it! Respectfully--sqwid

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND