Conversation Corner
Family Corner (Teaching Forgiveness--July 2003)

In what area(s) do you need to be forgiven by someone?

Date: 7/16/2003 11:57:39 AM
Name or Pseudonym: Francis
Subject: Temper and Perserverence

I often times find that being a single man is difficult and often I am lonely and plagued by anger and shame for the past two years. I get angry when I am rejected by women or when another woman wants to just be friends. I ask God to fogive me for being angry when I am rejected. Acting out can be a way of getting even but Christ taught us not to seek our own justice. Let go and let god I tell myself. However, often I am still very hurt and angry and short tempered with my friends and strangers. I pray for forgiveness every day and for the motivation to control my emotions and not to lash out at those around me. Like when a woman shakes my hand during Sunday Mass after the Lord’s prayer in a haughty or distasteful way instead of smilling and saying "peace be with you". I try to remember the numerous relationships I’ve had with lovely and caring people and the many people that love me. But I often get upset at that moment. I remind myself later that such people are not judging me by my generosity to the poor or my goodness or my soul but by what they see on the outside. I know that God cares only about what’s on the inside. And so I pray for strength to love myself and work through my pain. However, I also pray for forgiveness for being upset, short tempered and for behaving inappropriately at such times.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND