Conversation Corner
Family Corner (Loving Our Enemies --May 2003)

Love is a decision, not just a feeling. Discuss the difference between loving and liking someone.

Date: 6/1/2003 1:21:40 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Ray
Subject: Feeling someone 100 %

Hawleysangel... Your message realy touched me. I was married when I was still in my teen years to an incredible woman. We were married a very short time.. less than two years. I recently started the process of having that marriage nullified but I find that I can’t. I think of the pain that I caused her.. not unlike the pain that you describe.

I tell myself that there are as many reasons for divorce as there are for marriage these days. I tell myself all sorts of things to easy my burden. None of it matters. I inflicted the worst pain that I could on her with 4 words. "I want a divorce". I would never have believed that those 4 words could have hurt another person so deeply. I feel your pain and I am praying for you.

My divorce was 20 plus years ago. The only thing that I have learned so far is we must pay for bad choices and hopefully the bad ones help us make better ones.

I choose to never put myself in a position to hurt another person like that again. The price that I have paid has been high. I feel you 100%.

God be with you always.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND