Conversation Corner
Family Corner (Loving Our Enemies --May 2003)

Love is a decision, not just a feeling. Discuss the difference between loving and liking someone.

Date: 6/1/2003 12:31:23 AM
Name or Pseudonym: St. John
Subject: This is love

In Jesus’ infinite love He did not have "feelings" (misunderstood as love) at the garden, passion, and the crucifixion. He clothed himself fully with our sins, He asked for this cup to be passed away. He said "Father why have you forsaken me?!"(of course He did not).
There are three levels of love ( or at least different word of it in Latin) they are: Something#1 ( I can’t remember the name), something#2, and agape.
Something#1, is like -- "I love Ice cream". Something#2 is brotherly love (don’t quote me on this. I belive it is to: eg. be a good friend-- To stick up for the other. Then there is true love--unconditional love, a love feast.
Now to explain love we may look at Christ in his death "No one has greater love than this: to lay one’s life down for his friend". Christ died for not only his faithful followers but also for the condemned. This is love. Love grows on self-sacrifice for another. Feeling love is not love in itself. This covers "love" in unchaste courship" etc...

Of course to love we must know them first. It is easy to know God , "God is love" it also helps me to think as Jesus being the good shepard and I his lamb, He, always taking care of me.

Wow I think I learned some stuff while writing that, well anyhow I found what I wrote from St. Therese the Little Flower and school. There is a movie coming out this October.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND