Conversation Corner
Family Corner (Loving Our Enemies --May 2003)

Love is a decision, not just a feeling. Discuss the difference between loving and liking someone.

Date: 5/26/2003 9:16:09 PM
Name or Pseudonym: sqwid
Subject: the benefits of loving

After reading and writing several of these messages and thinking about my former mother-in-law, I decided to call her. I’ve been divorced over ten years but my love for her is still strong. Even though she lives in the South East and I live in the North East, we stay in touch every few months. This particular call was quite touching. She told me that just before I called her, she was thinking of me and missing me. She had a card I sent her in her hand. We had a very loving conversation and I ended the call with some very sweet tears. My relationship with the former in-laws is one that my X has encouraged and allowed to continue. But please remember, all of this works for me because we are a great geographical distance apart. I did not get to this point without prayer and the encouragement of others who have had their hearts broken but managed to find peace through forgiveness. It’s the only way. Lord only knows how this would have gone if my X and I lived in the same community all these years! I pray you find some peace in your prayers, dear prayer warrior.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND