Conversation Corner
Family Corner (Loving Our Enemies --May 2003)

Love is a decision, not just a feeling. Discuss the difference between loving and liking someone.

Date: 5/13/2003 11:54:44 AM
Name or Pseudonym: Bob
Subject: Loving someone!

Fathers, I wish to thank you for all your good works! There is much, much that you have done to bring Jesus to others! Praise God!!!
Loving someone means accepting them and then trying to see the good that they possess and letting them see it! The difficulty rests in drawing close enough so that they believe you and trust you will still love them when they show you their troubled side. Most will not believe nor trust because their lives have been so damaged by those who only liked them yet said they loved them.
It’s easy to like anyone and we do usually from a distance.
To love, you Must, Yes Must, get close enough to see the trouble and not see it as something which was actually desired from the beginning. Most have been mislead by our circumstance and not had true love in their life.
Most also settle for less because they don’t love themselves enough to give their love away to others. Jesus had endless love and we do when we realize Jesus has given us that same love if we will accept him.
We are asked to love our enemy and we must if we love Jesus.
The abuse in the "church" has occurred because love has been lacking in those who speak but do not listen. It will continue because "they" are Blind!
The Blessed Mother just listened and allowed the Spirit of Jesus, Our Lord, to work in her. We can and will do the same when we see the love we have within. Praise God! Praise God! Praise God!

I would appreciate your response. I hope you are listening and I’m waiting to listen to you!

Peace & Love, Bob Petitti

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND