Conversation Corner
Family Corner (Tilling the Soil--April 2003)

Who or what gives you hope when the world around you seems dark and scary?

Date: 5/6/2003 3:59:35 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Maria
Subject: Miss my Church

That priest was so wrong and not only wrong but very rude. Look for a different Catholic church that will welcome you. An altercation with a "stupid" priest is no reason to leave the Catholic church. You would not leave your family if you argued with your parents. If you really wanted to belong to the Catholic Church nothing would stop you. I had a falling out with some priests in a neighboring church and they refused me communion, I want to a different Catholic church down the road and was very welcomed. Today I attend both Churchs one during the week days and the other (my parish, the welcoming church) on weekends. Nothing can keep me away from my Catholic Church, nothing. My faith and love for my church is ingrained in my soul. You cannot give up on your religion. The Catholic religion is the one and true religion, go back to it. Religion is in you, follow your Catholic beliefs. One "stupid" priest should not change your whole life.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND