Conversation Corner
Family Corner (The Shepherd’s Viewpoint--March 2003)

Was there ever a time when you wandered off and lost your spiritual awareness? Who or what brought you back?

Date: 4/19/2003 5:27:19 PM
Name or Pseudonym: angel56
Subject: Still Lost

I am still having a hard time coming back to the Church of my birth. I have been in and out of the church a good many times over the years. I can’t say I have totally lost my faith, but I find it hard being in a church. I was baptized, made my communion, confirmation in the Catholic Church. I attended a catholic school 11 out of 12 years. After high school, I entered the convent. Left after 3 years; was married (same church) when I was 22. After 8 years of marriage and 2 children, I was divorced - ex-husband was an arsonist. I also got my annulment. My children attended the same school and church as I did. While they were in grade school, I was very active in the church: lay minister, lector, ran camera, president of organization. In my mid 30’s I stopped attending church. That was 20 years ago. I have only been in a catholic church about a dozen times in all these years. Part of me wants to go back to the church and part of me doesn;t. I don’t know what to do? Any suggestions?

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND