Conversation Corner
Family Corner (The Shepherd’s Viewpoint--March 2003)

Was there ever a time when you wandered off and lost your spiritual awareness? Who or what brought you back?

Date: 4/3/2003 12:06:22 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Leigh
Subject: hi there

Hi ya hun, believe me, I know what you mean! I went through a 2 year stretch of this non-stop nagging feeling that I’m suppossed to be--should be doing something. But the truth is that this is a very turbulent time of life (I’m 18 too). We are still kids, we are still growing and learning and testing our grounds. That’s what this time of life is for. So many people (adults--FAMILY) automatically say go to college, they can do stuff like that, they aren’t like you. They are already grown and are more settled.
But really, what I’m trying to say is trust in God to take care of you, He will. You see, we work on a day to day basis (each second seems forever sometimes), God works everyday with your whole life. But really, it’s not what you do every minute, or this year, it’s what you do in your LIFE, it can be one little thing that changes the world and you might not even know it! Be patient above all. Take this time to learn and put it to use, look into things and see what your other possibilities are. Generally when we have no direction it’s a sign that God wants us to slow down and grow some more, that we aren’t ready for the next step, because if you can’t trust Him to do THAT then...well... Just because you want to do Gods work doesn’t mean you have you have a religious vocation! Just being friendly with strangers can be more than enough....

Big hugs and prayers for you, dear, mail me if you need anything...
Leigh

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND