Conversation Corner
Family Corner (The Shepherd’s Viewpoint--March 2003)

Was there ever a time when you wandered off and lost your spiritual awareness? Who or what brought you back?

Date: 3/18/2003 9:51:48 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Joseph
Subject: To Sarah

Sarah,

All of us have difficulty dealing with other people from time to time... I know I do. We are all human and less than perfect, and sometimes do things which others may not understand or feel hurt by, even if that was not our intention.
You are making a good start by saying that you are praying as well as listening to God’s voice. You may also consider asking specific persons why they seem to shy away from you, and get their perspective. You say, "I tried so very hard to please..." Do you think that, maybe, in some cases, you are trying too hard to please?
I think sometimes it can be an act of love to have someone do for us, too... if we are always playing the part of the "saint", it may not leave room for the other to act toward us with charity and love... it may in fact leave the other feeling angry, resentful, and inadequate... even if we don’t mean it to come across that way... we need to leave the door open for others’ love to come our way, too...
Be relaxed and be confident that you are a loveable person, and that God will work through each of us as we allow Him to, and the love you give, in such an easy and relaxed and faithful way, will be returned many times over... without having to worry about it! God will do it, and it may come in ways and through people that you don’t expect!
Let us all know how you are doing!

God bless,

Joseph

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND