Conversation Corner
Family Corner (The Shepherd’s Viewpoint--March 2003)

Was there ever a time when you wandered off and lost your spiritual awareness? Who or what brought you back?

Date: 3/18/2003 4:45:24 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Chris
Subject: Life can get lonely even in a crowd

Does God ever have pity on the lonely ones and those feeling unlovable? Yes. He certainly does give to us what we seek from him.
There was once a time when I was saying the evening prayer to my son..."now i lay me down to sleep" Then as we finished and my son drifted off I simply sat there watching the stars through the window. Not thinking of anything. When it seemed that something outside of me was filtering in this tremendous amount of LOVE, just pure as white snow on me. Filling me with such love that it was like a blast furnace. I just drank it in! It only lasted for a couple of seconds, and wow it was high octane. God loves us so much I dont think we could hold all that love inside our selves. So at that moment he infused as much as I could handle. It gave me such peace, such feelings which I cannot describe. I learned that God wants us to love him back to the best we can express it...and keep learning how to give it back to all. His love for us is like the oceans and the mountains or the universe - huge. We are his creatures, his creations. The power of our prayers is when we reach up to HIM in complete surrender, in complete awe and need of him. Did you ever have the most intimate prayer that glorifies him only without any other need, and it seems to rise up to greet him like a rushing wind?

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND