Conversation Corner
Family Corner (The Shepherd’s Viewpoint--March 2003)

Was there ever a time when you wandered off and lost your spiritual awareness? Who or what brought you back?

Date: 3/18/2003 4:29:29 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Chris
Subject: Was there ever a time when you wandered off and lost your spiritual awareness? Who or what brought you back?

I grew up in a large family, my Mother a Catholic. My teen years were full of doubt and rebellion to confession and the church life. Because I remembered my early years in Catholic school humiliated by the Nuns and Lay teachers. I was angry from years earlier. I left the church. 10 years later at 29, I came home. It was during this time that I met a woman that was a new ager. She was introducing to me many false teachings and it really bothered me. I prayed alot for three days. Asking Jesus, what is this kind of religion and please guide me about all this as I am so confused. THis woman was into Cards,Iching,dreams etc..as well as Reincarnations. I was very amazed at all this. I never saw such things incorporated into the faith. My prayer was answered. Jesus woke me in the middle of the night. I was awakened by a voice. Yet as though he knew I would be frightened, he stilled my conscious mind so I wouldnt be afraid. He said..I AM THE GREAT I AM. THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA. DISREGARD AND DISMISS ALL THAT YOU HAVE LEARNED. IT IS USELESS. REMEMBER THIS ONLY, JESUS CHRIST IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE. (HIS VOICE WAS INSTRUCTIONAL AND YET IN A TEACHING WAY, IT WAS A VOICE OF AUTHORITY.
I KNEW THEN, I WAS HEARD. THAT EVERY PRAYER IS HEARD, ALL THAT WE DO AND SAY, IS HEARD. HE DOES NOT ANSWER ALL PRAYERS as we want- JUST THE ONES THAT HAVE MUCH TO DO WITH YOUR OWN SALVATION. I AM SURE HE IS MERCIFUL AND LISTENS AND HELPS TOO WHEN WE PLEAD. SO IF YOU ARE SPIRITUALLY IN TROUBLE, TALK TO HIM. HE IS GOING TO ANSWER YOU. Funny how these New Agers believe in unseen card- answers etc and dreams, but they dont believe you when you give the dream they DONT want to hear.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND