Conversation Corner
Family Corner (The Shepherd’s Viewpoint--March 2003)

Was there ever a time when you wandered off and lost your spiritual awareness? Who or what brought you back?

Date: 3/15/2003 11:30:45 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Dave
Subject: Back Home Again

Hi this is my story of how I came back to the Catholic Church. About a year ago I had a real spiritual revival. I use to go to Church but I must confess to you I was quite ignorant about our faith and did not understand to much about it. Well that was about to change. I became an avid reader of St. Paul’s letters and especially The Early Church Fathers, like Clement of Rome, Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp and well I was amazed to find out the were Catholic Bishops of the Infant Church. More and more I was being guided by the Holy Spirit and then it came to me. It’s is and has always been about our LORD and the Eucharist and the Apostolic Succession. That was it !! All things began to take on new meaning and wow what an amazing faith journey it has been. I am in RCIA now and will be confirmed at Easter in the Church that was giving to St. Peter to tend to the flock. Blessing in Our Lord Jesus Christ now and forever, Dave :)

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND