Conversation Corner
Family Corner (The Shepherd’s Viewpoint--March 2003)

Was there ever a time when you wandered off and lost your spiritual awareness? Who or what brought you back?

Date: 3/14/2003 4:03:15 PM
Name or Pseudonym: best wishes
Subject: hang in there

Well gee, Sarah, hang in there!

I like dogs. I find that they are likeable in all their different shapes, sizes, colors, ages, personalities, quirkiness, silliness, stubborness, and even mischieviousness. I look at them and utterly appreciate their "dog -ness". So I see that God loves us in much the same way, only far greater than we are capable of. He doesn’t need us to be perfect. I think He would like for us to embrace our "human -ness" -- in all our different shapes, sizes, colors, ages, personalities, quirkiness, silliness, stubborness, and even mischieviousness. We are His creation. He meant us for good. Rejoice in our "human-ness" and the human-ness in others! We need not try so hard to please. Let’s embrace our humanity, and to consult God in all our decisions and concerns, and give thanks for all that is good.

We all have those moments that is so aptly expressed by Jack Nicholson in one of his movies: "Well now, don’t I feel like an ass." Acknowledge it. Learn from it. Pick up and keep moving.

Pax Christi

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND