Conversation Corner
Family Corner (The Shepherd’s Viewpoint--March 2003)

Was there ever a time when you wandered off and lost your spiritual awareness? Who or what brought you back?

Date: 3/14/2003 11:55:18 AM
Name or Pseudonym: Clare
Subject: For Sarah

I, too, get very self-conscious at times around people. The story of my romantic life with men is that as sure as I decide that "this is the one," I get all pent-up and afraid and unable to talk and give expression to my ideas. Sometimes, in general, even with office workers, I feel very shy and don’t want to contribute to the general conversation. I think we need to be accepting of ourselves, even laugh at ourselves. Then be aware God loves us, just the way we are. That He sends His Spirit to be with us, to comfort us and gently cajole us to rejoice with and in the people around us. We can also pray to this same Holy Spirit for the gift of gab, to be able to socialize better. We can reflect on our motives, that we need to be charitable in dealing with others, and want to offer others gifts of comfort, light and peace. That we can pray to bring Christ to others. St. Patrick has a prayer: "Christ be before me, Christ be behind me, Christ in the heart of everyone that thinks of me. . ." Think positive and make gentle little steps toward getting along with just one more person each day. God bless and help us all!

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND