Conversation Corner
Family Corner (The Shepherd’s Viewpoint--March 2003)

Was there ever a time when you wandered off and lost your spiritual awareness? Who or what brought you back?

Date: 3/12/2003 11:20:54 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Carmen
Subject: Confused no more

My name is Carmen, and I live down under in aussie land. However I was born in Uruguay. I was brought up a Catholic, but did’nt Know God personally or feel his presence in my life.I married at 19 and was divorced by 24 with 2 Kids, a 1 year old and a 3 year old. I am now 34 years old. When I separated from my husband I was devasted and felt no hope or faith, I was sick with arthritis in my ankles and felt alot of pain. I did not have a car and lived far from my family and had no friends. I was devasted, abandoned and confused. Instead of turning to God, I wrongly turned to a man for comfort,it did’nt last long and I felt more pain and shame than before. Then I turned to "The New Age and The Occult", this included going to fortune tellers, reading my horoscope, seeking the advise of a claivoyant, seeking the help from other religions and so on. This only cost me alot of money and gave me false hope. It also affected my thinking and my spirit in a negative way.
HOPE - I was invited to a seminar called "Life in the Spirit" in my local catholic church by one of mum’s friends.I reluctantly went as they said they would pray for me and I really needed help. There I was taught that God’s love for us is geater, deeper and wider than anyone’s or anything in the universe. I learned that our God is Loving, forgiving, tender and full of mercy and has an amaazing plan for our lives. I learned that God longs to have a personal relationship with us, because we are his children whom he made and loves us very much.I found out I had offended God by having committed adultery and having turned to other God’s. I confessed my sins to God, through a priest and started going back to church and praying, reading the Bible and making new christian friends. I am now walking and living with and for Jesus my Saviour, through the power of the Holy Spirit, and am enjoying my relationship with my loving Heavenly Father. I pray that who ever reads this testimony would be touched by the love of God and and be open to receive Jesus into their hearts as personal Lord and saviour and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit.
God Bless You love Carmen

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND