Conversation Corner
Family Corner (The Shepherd’s Viewpoint--March 2003)

Was there ever a time when you wandered off and lost your spiritual awareness? Who or what brought you back?

Date: 3/5/2003 12:37:36 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Karole
Subject: Spiritual Guidance

I am Catholic, was raised Catholic and have (for at least 10 years) felt a strong calling to speak or work for the unborn against abortion.

Following my marriage, I began to neglect my belief and responsibility of going to church. After my children were born, I returned to the church with the desire to include faith in their lives. Shortly thereafter, I began experiencing restlessness regarding the need to work for the unborn.

Two years ago, while attending mass, the Priest offered up a single rose to the parish’s youngest member in honor of respecting life. Normally the church is full of infants. That day, however, my 11-month old daughter was the youngest attending member in a packed church. I remember proudly walking down the aisle, holding my daughter, to accept the rose. The emotion that I felt as I approached the altar was practically overwhelming.

I feel that this was sign (a huge one) for me to get motivated and do something. Since that time, I have become involved with our Respect Life group and several charities. My goal is to educate and inform the general public regarding the facts. I do not know where this road will take me, but I am meeting wonderful people along the way. And, if by chance, I help to save a single life from the atrocities of abortion, I thank God for allowing me to do his will.

God bless you and may you also find your calling.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND