Conversation Corner
God In Our Midst (Power Over Persecution--September 2002)

•Think of someone who was persecuted. What do you most admire about him or her?

•Talk about a time you were persecuted. Who stood with you? What did you experience as your "inner freedom"? Where did it come from?

Date: 9/12/2002 9:44:44 AM
Name or Pseudonym: Michele
Subject: persecution

Whatever you believe in, you have to take a stand: whether it be to the right to life, marriage, your country or God and Church or all of the above. In all cicumstances your beliefs will be tested.
Are we willing to go through the mental,physical and spiritual trials these committments ask of us? As a people I don’t think so. Why else are there so many failed marriages, lives of despair and crime and Sunday Christians? Are we willing to "practice what we preach"?
On this 1-year Memorial of 9/11/2001, we must follow Jesus. "There is no burden too heavy that I will not give you the strength to endure". Let us remember our dead and "continue to fight the good fight" and above all put our trust in God.
People have been persecuted throughout the ages. We are not the first nor will we be the last. As a Catholic Christian I believe in Jesus and accept Him as my Lord and Savior. Let Him be my guide, my leader and my hope and may I find the strength to carry on--to fight for what we believe in. To trust and believe.

Michele

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND