Conversation Corner
God In Our Midst (Home for the Holidays--December 2003)

How do you feel and act when you believe someone has gotten away with something?

Date: 11/26/2003 11:42:05 AM
Name or Pseudonym: prayer warrior
Subject: God in Our Midst

God is all love and forgivness...
Unfortunately, not ture about most of us...
When I was younger I often felt the anger/pain of what I considered unjust actions toward me...and how unfair it was and how one day they would get theirs...afterall, they are the evil ones...
Now that I am older and hopefully, wiser, I sometimes feel only saddness and sorrow that that person behaved in that way or whatever...I just don’t take it so personsal...however, the ability to completely forgive and forget are still sometimes out of my grasp...but I don’t feel ill will and I don’t hope that they suffer dire consequences...so I suppose I have grown spiritually, somewhat...but I still cringe sometimes when I say the Lord’s Prayer and recite "...and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive others"...I am thankful God is what He is because how could I be forgiven when there are times I harbor thoughts of those who have hurt me or mine...

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND