Conversation Corner
God In Our Midst (You Are Hereby Invited--November 2003)

Who would you be most uncomfortable sitting with at that event?

Date: 11/25/2003 1:13:40 PM
Name or Pseudonym: brigid
Subject: ethics

Hey Oscar,
I can see what you are saying, but I have seen the same scenario a thousand times. Someone may try to guide a person, but normally the guidance turns into judgement. Because if that person doesnt want to become Christian, then usually a heated "discussion" will follow and then anything that was gained is lost. I know we are told to be the good example but, I will be the first to admit that I am not always a good example.I get short on patience when traffic is congested, sometimes I use words or even certain hand gestures that I know I shouldnt. So even though we may try to lead a person to God, we shouldnt ever, try to be their example, we should let God be their example. I just let him take over and lead the person the way he sees fit. That way, if a person feels any conviction for what they feel or have done....they know it is a personal and spiritual change in their lives from God, and that it is his love and judgement that is causing them to change.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND