Conversation Corner
God In Our Midst (You Are Hereby Invited--November 2003)

Who would you be most uncomfortable sitting with at that event?

Date: 11/20/2003 9:32:07 AM
Name or Pseudonym: prayer warrior
Subject: judging??

I have been following the dialogue about judging or not judging...and what is meant in the Bible...it seems that the concept of ’tough love’is what is being applied...
it is not that we cast out people because of their practices which are sinful, it is that we do not pretend to them and or to others that such practices are acceptable...and we model and profess that which is from God...it is like having a child come home from college with a friend of the opposite sex with the expectation that they would share a room...now this child has been raised in the catholic faith and knows that this is a sin...you therefore welcome your child and friend in but they know that they cannot/will not share a room in your home...if they chose to walk out the door...then the choice is theirs...you have done what you must do to put God first in your life and theirs...I could think of a million other analogies but this came to mind because a friend of mine had to do just such a thing and it was very hard for her...it has to do with expectations, I suppose...if we say all practices are ok becasue God will forgive that what expectation is there for us to live God’s word and do God’s work??

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND