Conversation Corner
God In Our Midst (You Are Hereby Invited--November 2003)

Who would you be most uncomfortable sitting with at that event?

Date: 11/15/2003 10:41:34 AM
Name or Pseudonym: Cathy Rospotynski
Subject: The great banquet

This is a tough question because I have been to lots of banquets in my life. My family usually sits around a huge table for thanksgiving. We are a family of 6 children with spouses and children I am the only single adult. I like to try and talk with everyone but I tend to end up really trying to connect with the children in some way. I think that I am still a child at heart and can relate to them. My love for them is hard to describe. I only want the best for them and see their special gifts easily. They are all different and have different talents to share and they really do share them. Some of them really remind me of my siblings and it is hard sometimes to seperate that thought with reality. They are a unique individual with their own thoughts, dreams, and love for others.
The great banquet, I would try and get closest to Jesus but would probably end up trying to serve others or care for their needs. I tend to neglect my desires for others and also may have shut my heart to Jesus’ call in order to make others happy or to try and fix them. I love others so much sometimes it hurts. I never want to see anyone suffer but me sometimes. Other times I can be selfish also and just look at my problems and then I start to judge others.

God help me to be grateful for the gifts I have and to learn to use them to serve you in the way you want me to do it. Bless my family those living and those deceased to have peace of heart, mind, soul and spirit.

Please help my life to have a better and clearer direction. Help me with the transitions and to care for me when needed.

Amen.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND