Conversation Corner
God In Our Midst (Is It O.K. to Be Rich?--October 2003)

Is it O.K. to be rich?

Date: 11/10/2003 9:24:15 PM
Name or Pseudonym: regmanabq
Subject: Catholics- conservative and liberal

Loved Kevins Comments and wanted to throw this in for thought.

There are so many "flavors" of christianity that it makes my head spin. The latest favorite phrase I’ve noticed being used (particularly by my deacon) is "christian catholics". Christian catholics? that would imply there are jewish catholics, buddist catholics, perhaps even wiccan catholics.

I think there are christians and none christians. Every minute we spend fighting over who is right, which ritual is correct, which book is true and which is false, and all that other stuff we love to fight over (particularly the catholics and baptists in my neck of the woods) is a minute spent not doing the lords work. Show them a better way, respect them for their beliefs and love your brothers and sisters. Jesus didn’t run around telling people they were stupid or "evil" for what they believed. He just showed them the truth and let them decide.

Besides, none of really know if we are right and I’ll bet we are all wrong on many things, no matter what religion you believe in. It’s just too hard for humans to not change things to better fit their own beliefs or personal agendas. Look through history and you will find many things that were "truth" that were later changed or done away with.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND