Conversation Corner
God In Our Midst (Is It O.K. to Be Rich?--October 2003)

Is it O.K. to be rich?

Date: 11/3/2003 12:19:35 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Oscar
Subject: Catholic quote

There is an old quote - where it originated I don’t know: "You are either Catholic all in all, or not at all." I believe that completely, and therefore agree with you. It would be better to convert the cafeteria catholics to genuine Catholicism, but incorrigible heretics should leave because they harm the faith of others.
See what the Anglican community is going through right now and try to imagine that the Catholic Church will not be faced with the same problem in the future. The Anglican hierarchy has, for the most part, consecrated a practicing gay priest - not a man with homosexual inclinations, but an admitted PRACTICING homosexual - to their episcopate. Invalidity aside, the hierarchy has created an untenable situation and there will most likely be a schism in the Anglican/Episcopalian denomination. Is the same in store for us, or are we already there? It’s amazing to me that our very own bishops seem so lax when it comes to the instruction of the faithful in their charge. And they can’t possibly claim they’re ignorant of the whole mess. It seems to me that they are much more concerned about diversity than unity and social justice in lieu of spiritual well being. Across our nation the laity is asserting control as if the Church is a democracy. Given the extremely liberal bent of most Catholics today how could anyone assume that the laity will be good for the Church when they view the Church as mankind’s servant - and that’s the crux of the matter: The Church is not here to serve man - man and the Church are here to serve God.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND