Conversation Corner
God In Our Midst (Is It O.K. to Be Rich?--October 2003)

Is it O.K. to be rich?

Date: 10/31/2003 7:18:14 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Kevin
Subject: Not to disagree, but...

Oscar, regarding your comment "not that we want anyone to leave the faith"...I agree with you and I don’t. I want all people to come to the belief that we have in Christ and accept Him and His Church for what they are...our Savior and guide to Heaven. But I’m sick to death of all the unorthodox Catholics trying to bend and change every part of our beloved Church to suit their modernist agendas! I actually DO wish they would go ahead and leave, to make that great "leap out into the unknown" and see what they think. Maybe they’d find that the utter lack of unity and doctrine that’s available outside of the Catholic Church is something they miss and they might, for once, actually study the tenents of the Faith. In the meantime, I wish they’d take their form of faith, which is not the Faith of Cathoics, and go somewhere else! I don’t think we do ourselves any good to pretend there are "conservative" Catholics and "liberal" Catholics; I’ve heard these terms used all over the place (even coming out of my mouth). I’ve come to the conclusion that you’re either Catholic or you’re not...no "middle ground", no conservative or liberal, no "true for you but not for me". Those we typically call liberal today have another, more apropos descriptive word...dissenter.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND