Conversation Corner
God In Our Midst (False Piety, True Contrition--August 2003)

Have you ever had to make amends for a wrongdoing?

Date: 9/22/2003 3:01:52 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Olive
Subject: Experience with the sacrament of reconciliatin

After many years of ignoring the sacraments and doubting the existence of God, several things happened at once in my life which made me turn around, realize the incredible love of Jesus for us, and start to stake out a new path for myself, away from sin. I had fallen pretty low. I said, "God, help me, I’ve made a mess of my life, I can’t do anything without your help." I made one concrete step toward finding out God’s will, looking for volunteer work. By "chance" I was directed to work with the Ladies of Charity. It’s been wonderful ever since. But one thing was missing: the sacrament. It took me another year and a half to have the guts to go and confess it all. But the Lord was watching out for me, and by "chance" I spoke to a wonderful priest. It was one of the highlights of my entire life. Immediately afterwards, more "luck" fell my way, my children and spouse started changing too. I cannot forget what a sinner I’ve been, yet I bask in the love of God for me. My children pretend they think I’m going through a phase, but I know they are watching and they will remember. Just pray for me to hold the course and never let go of His hand.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND