Conversation Corner
God In Our Midst (Generosity in Forgiveness--July 2003)

Why is it sometimes difficult to be generous in forgiving others?

Date: 8/8/2003 9:00:52 AM
Name or Pseudonym: prayer warrior
Subject: devoutess

without going into detail, let me just say that I know what you are talking about!
forgiveness is hard because we hurt so much and we are so disappointed in these people we love...let us think of Jesus in those times and how much, how often His heart is stepped on and how each and every time He forgives and holds us close again, each and every time!!
so, the best that we can do is to ask Him to help us to do all things for His greater glory...including forgiving...this is not easy and we struggle with it every day...I am still working very hard toward that end...not there yet...will pray for you and with you that peace is yours...
forgiving does not mean condoning or accepting...it just means that you will not let someone else’s behavior control your feelings and your desire to be close to God...you will not let their behavior put distanc between you and God...
you sound like you made some very good choices...find your peace in those choices...

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND