Conversation Corner
God In Our Midst (The Good Businessman--May 2003)

What keeps you from being a Good Samaritan in your daily life?

Date: 4/30/2003 1:00:30 PM
Name or Pseudonym: prayer warrior
Subject: Good Samaritan

Though I try to live the ’imitation of Christ’ it is very hard...my work days are long, 5AM to 6PM...the pace is frantic and I sometimes have opportunities to be that helping spirit and pass it up because I feel that time will not permit me that luxury...as I write this I know how horrible that sounds...it is shameful!! I am trying to not let business commitments keep me from keeping christian commitments... additionally, the violence in our society sometimes keeps me from helping motorists, poor people who are walking, situations where it would require me to stop to give aide...my children and friends chastise me because on occassion I do stop...they fear for my safety...but it means that I cannot respond to the feelings I have to help others...I do however, give assistance through organizations(money, time, etc)...I wish I could be spontaneous in my efforts sometimes...all in all I guess what I am saying is that I am aware of the need but do not do all that I should and could do...

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND