Conversation Corner
God In Our Midst (The Heart of the Sower--April 2003)

How do you sow God's word in the fields around you--at home, work or school?

Date: 4/9/2003 6:08:02 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Leigh
Subject: Well...

I’ve learned from, of course the Lord, but my Mom has been a huge inspiration. People have aways come up to her, in stores, wherever and told her their problems. She always has a smile on her face even in hard times. I try so hard to be like her, as Jesus was, that even when he was awaiting his impending doom, he still was thinking of others, right to his very last breath on the cross "Father, forgive them...". I feel it the Christian duty to be as meek, but firm and confident through faith as possible, so that people never feel insecure around you, but are comfortable and can themselves be confident and ask for help.

A while back I was standing at the check-out counter of wal-mart and the cashier was a woman in her late fifties. She was just ambling around while I was standing there in a great amount of pain waiting. I found myself getting angry and made a few faces. A few minutes later she finally came over and looked at me and started cying. She said that her husband had just died a few days before. I had never felt so horrible in my whole life! I appologized and offered my condolances, I swore to myself I’d never do that again, because you never know what the next person is going through. There are people everywhere who are going through worse things than you and they keep on smiling.

Leigh

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND