Conversation Corner
God In Our Midst (The Heart of the Sower--April 2003)

How do you sow God's word in the fields around you--at home, work or school?

Date: 4/7/2003 1:30:42 PM
Name or Pseudonym: susan
Subject: How do you sow God’s word in the fields around you --at home , work or school

I find the best way to be ready to share in word or action is a consciousness that perhaps for this moment or day I might be the only "Jesus" that shows up..example my brother-in-law is facing end stage cancer and his spiritual well being is in question as he has never participated in any belief as far as I know..when I first visited after in hospital I prayed in the car park ..dear God help me to be the Jesus that shows up today..normally I am a very emotional person..but I truly felt God’s calming and also I asked my brother-in-law if I could pray with him and he said yes and I cannot describe the sweetness of that few moments...it was if I was providing in the flesh what he needed from God at that very moment..it strengthened me as well...I have a friend who is a police officer and he uses the same thought ..and he has shared how it has helped him and also is very humbling as we consider what a privilege it can be to actually serve our Lord and Saviour in tangible ways

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND