Conversation Corner
God In Our Midst (Finding Our Way Home--March 2003)

Talk about a time when you or someone in your family was lost.

Date: 4/16/2003 8:08:13 AM
Name or Pseudonym: prayer warrior
Subject: cathy

my prayers and heart go out to you! you must be in great pain!! our Mother’s love is so great that I know that if (and you may have) ask Her She will do all that is in her power to open your son’s heart and mind to the word of God...She will also bring peace to you own heart...I experienced a very similar thing with one of my children and felt great despair...I was saying roasaries, novenas, burning candles, you name it, I did it...then a Priest told me to remember that the person has a free will and must make choices...no one can make choices for that person...finally my child agreed to counseling, with this same Priest, and with a lot of support and tough love (at one point this child was no longer living in our home, because of choices), things turned around...it was a long, slow process...because the choice to change and return to the arms of the Holy Family must be theirs...my prayers are with you and your son...may peace and joy be yours in the Lord, Jesus...

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND