Conversation Corner
God In Our Midst (Finding Our Way Home--March 2003)

Talk about a time when you or someone in your family was lost.

Date: 4/5/2003 2:03:33 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Leigh
Subject: *sigh*

My father doesn’t know God. He is a very cold and selfish person. He asked me why it’s such a bad thing when the anitchrist comes and heals people, he says he would welcome any healing no matter who was doing it or if it were for show. My father is all a show. He says that he has the most faith than anyone he knows, when he has never said a word to God. I know this is written with a bit of bad taste, but that’s also where I am lost. I cannot forgive him for what he’s done because I have to deal with it everyday and no matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to be nice to him. That is not a Christian. I know that. I know I should be understanding and patient and take whatever he does and love him more, but sometimes I wonder why and if it’s even wrong to be nice to him when he is so horrible. I pray many times a day that he can find God and have his sour heart soften and have that "understanding" of the Holy Spirit given to him, and also I pray for forgiveness and help in forgiving him.

Much love to you all, and I will include you in those prayers as well...
Peace,
Leigh

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND