Conversation Corner
God In Our Midst (Finding Our Way Home--March 2003)

Talk about a time when you or someone in your family was lost.

Date: 3/21/2003 8:54:05 PM
Name or Pseudonym: SS
Subject: To Gloria

I went through a divorce about 11 years ago. It was such a shock to find out that my husband was having an affair right under my nose and I did not see it! I prayed and prayed and surrounded myself with good people. I had two sons in high school. What lousy timing! My sons and I grew very close.

As I adjusted to single parenting, my two sons became my very best friends and still are. The three of us took the high road and made lemonaide out of our lemons.

In very short time, I found out all the blessings of being a single person. I prayed to forgive him. He is now married to this younger woman and they have three little ones.

We are all friendly--but I consider myself free of the burdens he imposed upon me in marriage. God blessed my life over and over and over since then.

I will pray that you find some inner strength to resolve this issue for yourself and your children. The single life is not the end of the world. It can be the beginning of a new one. Peace to you.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND