Conversation Corner
God In Our Midst (Finding Our Way Home--March 2003)

Talk about a time when you or someone in your family was lost.

Date: 3/15/2003 6:24:31 PM
Name or Pseudonym: dageis
Subject: Wayward Catholic

Here is my story of how I came back to the Church. I was raised Catholic, but I never really understood or took a real interest in it. Wow, that was going to change and in a big way !! It all started last year, I felt a great change in direction. It was nice and I had to re-evaluate where I was going in my life. I finally made the effort, going back to Church was my main focus now. I started reading articles on the Early Church Fathers like Clement of Rome, Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp and I was humbled and yet thrilled to learn they were Catholic Bishops of the Infant Church. After further research I also learned that Ignatius and Polycarp were actually understudies of St.Paul and St.John Finally, I had the piece of the puzzle that was missing in my faith journey. I made the connection between our LORD and the Eucharist and the Apostolic Succession. There it is !!! The answer was right in front of me and I was led by the Holy Spirit to discover the truth. I am 40 years old and I will be confirmed this Easter Vigil, I can’t wait !! All I can say to my fellow Catholics is to learn your faith and learn it well. Be prepared to defend it from the heresy of others. Because now, I truly am home, home is the Catholic Church. Blessings in Our Lord Jesus Christ now and forever, Dave :)

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND