Conversation Corner
God In Our Midst (Finding Our Way Home--March 2003)

Talk about a time when you or someone in your family was lost.

Date: 3/5/2003 11:17:41 AM
Name or Pseudonym: prayer warrior
Subject: husband having an affair

My prayers go out to you and your family! I experienced the same situation years ago. I prayed, made novenas, penances, etc...it still ended in divorce...I was angry at myself, my husband, and God...for years I prayed!! I became depressed and very introverted...I finally went to a priest with my painful burden...he had me write a letter to God and one to my husband...no holds barred...he read the letters and told me something that changed my life, not only for this situation, but for many from then on...he told me my prayers were not wasted or had not gone unanswered...when we pray for someone to find their way back to God, God gives them many opportunities to do just that...however, the bottom line is that person must still make the choice...no one, not even God, can/will make that choice for them!! keep praying, pary for yourself as well, that you will find peace within regardless of the choices of another...it has been 13 1/2 years...it gets better...God can always make lemonade from lemons if we let Him...may God be with you and your children...

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND