Conversation Corner
God In Our Midst (Doubling Our Love--January 2003)

When did the gift of love most touch your life in the past year?

Date: 2/13/2003 2:47:55 AM
Name or Pseudonym: buzzie
Subject: Sacrament of reconciliation

I often go to confession. At least thrice a month on saturdays. But last year I had a different experience.
It was my last confession for the year 2002, I still had a burden that had not left me for the past 3 years. I had confessed the sin before, but because I did not believe God could ever love me the way he did before the deed was done, I often cried, fell into depression, and lived an aloof life because I did not want anyone to know what I was passing through.
Then I went to confession, admitting to the priest that I had confessed this sin before but did not feel totally forgiven.
he made me understand that God had forgiven me the first time I confessed, but I had not yet forgiven myself. Very true. Then he said "dont you know God loves you very much?" At those words, tears welled up in my eyes. How could God still love me, aftr what I had done? I had to believe it. And I have not doubted it ever since. God loves me.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND