Conversation Corner
God In Our Midst (Service: Our Path to Joy--November 2002)

How do you exercise discipleship? What are the by-products of a life of service?

Date: 11/21/2002 4:48:50 PM
Name or Pseudonym: RE
Subject: God in our midst

I was one of the lost sheep that our loving Shepherd did not give up on. After 33 years away from the Church I returned on St Joseph Feast Day in the year 2000. Upon my return it was vital to me that I live the life I was choosing to become a part of once again. That meant adopting a family for the holidays, providing a sleeping bag for a homeless man, comforting those in need through the Stephan Ministry, bringing Communion to the homebound, the elderly and the ill, prayfully and silently marching against abortion with my daughter and grandchildren, being a team member in the RCIA program, Parish coordinator for Disciples in Mission, with the help of the Holy Spirit leading a women’s Bible study and a Sunday Scripture Study. Evangelization is what I am drawn to and it is an awesome experience when our RCIA Catechumens and Candidates receive the Sacraments of Initiation Easter Vigil. Even having a small role in helping to bring souls to the Lord is an experience that is impossible to describe. Of course it is not I that is doing ....I am nothing .... He is working through me when I get out of the way!

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND