Conversation Corner
Media Watch (Christmas Films--December 2003)

What values did you find in each film?

Date: 11/28/2003 8:53:55 AM
Name or Pseudonym: brigid
Subject: film values

All of these movies are favorites of mine, in The Christmas Carol there are so many messages, but I think one of the most important it teaches is to let love into your heart, and that it is better to give than recieve. A Christmas story, well, one message is that putting a tacky lamp in the living room window isn’t ever a good idea. LOL. It does show that no family is perfect, and what I liked about it is that even after all of the shopping and santa madness, the best part of the movie ( in my opinion) was at the end when the parents are in the dark, with the tree lit, watching the snow fall, and enjoying the peaceful company of each other. Chevy Chases Christmas Vacation...well, I guess it shows that if you cut your own tree, make sure it doesnt belong to an irate squirrel, keep cats away from extension cords, and for the serious part...to try and to be kind to those you don’t relish ( especially family members), because you don’t ever know what they might be going through personally. Sometimes people act unseemly to cover emotional trouble.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND